Vallejo has established a new collaboration agreement with Alpine Miniatures, the world-famous manufacturer of historical military resin figures, and with Jaume Ortiz, Vallejo Team’s artist specialising in historical figures painting.
The deal will see the launch of a series of sets from the Figures category for painting WWII historical military figures. The sets will include eight Model Color references and also a miniature modeled exclusively for Vallejo by Alpine Miniatures, as well as a detailed step-by-step guide for painting it.
The first set of the collection, includes a 1/35 figure which depicts a corporal of the 29th Infantry Division, equipped with the most common gear for the late European campaigns of WWII. The miniature has been sculpted by Teasung Harmms exclusively for Vallejo. The 29th Infantry Division took an active part in the D-day landings on Omaha beach in June 1944, as well as in the assault on Brest in September 1944 and the invasion of Germany in 1945.
This set contains:
- Two base colors to paint US jackets, gaiters, webbing and gear in brown olive drab.
- Base color for “mustard” wool trousers.
- Olive green color suitable for painting helmets and greener olive drab gear.
- Two different colors for shading any of the base tones.
- Two different colors for highlighting any of the base tones.
By mixing different base colors with various shadow and highlight tones we can obtain a wide range of shades of Olive Drab needed to paint US Army uniforms and field gear present during the last years of WWII.