TA Sgt. N.A Moore, a clerk attached to LRDG Group HQ, created the June 1941 issue when the LRDG HQ was located at Kufra. There he got the idea to create a "house paper" for the unit. He recalled in a letter which was published in the 1991 Newsletter of the LRDG Association, that there were only a very limited number of people who were willing to contribute and that this first edition was mainly launched thanks to the contribution of Lieut. Col. Bagnold and Captain Kennedy Shaw.
And indeed, the June 1941 remained the single and only issue of Tracks - it was never published again.... until today!
Whilst TRACKS 2021 can be ordered in the bookshops, there is also the option to order it directly at email@example.com , preferably until not later than 17. April 2021. This would allow for a “collective order” and would be the best option to recover the cost.
- Editorial Note: Kuno Gross
- Foreword: Lieut Col R.A. Bagnold
- Forte el Gtafia, shelled by the Artillery Section: Kuno Gross
- LRDG Desert Poems: Private J.M. Williamson, R Patrol
- Kufra, a historical Note: Capt. W.B. Kennedy Shaw
- Long Range Desert Group Preservation Society: Jack Valenti
- Chevrolet WA or WB? What type of trucks: Kuno Gross
- "Big Cairn", the loneliest Pile of Stones: Andras Zboray
- The LRDG in Greece, Jeep and Trailer: Erik Ahlström
- Who was Norman Moore? The editor of TRACKS: Ian Chard
- The Sand Tyres, "Shoes" of the Patrol Trucks: Charlie Down
- Brendan O'Carroll's Books: Bob Amos-Jones
- Now and Then, Halt at Gilf Kebir: Kuno Gross
- B122 Conduct Forms, Witnesses of the Past: Ian Chard
- "Sand Channels": Sam Watson
- The SRD Rum Jar from Siwa: Sam Watson
Publisher: BoD – Books on Demand; 1st edition (24 Mar. 2021)
Paperback: 52 pages of content (no ads)
Dimensions: 19 x 0.3 x 27 cm