1⁄48Focke Wulf Fw 189 A-2
IntroductionThis is the1:48 scale Great Wall Hobby kit built as a machine of W.Nr 2317, 5D+CK, 2(H)/31, Russia, 1943. Apart from adding the flanges on the underside and replacing the molded on grab-handles, the model hasn't been altered externally. However, some details were added, mainly in the interior area and on the left engine. Below is a list of the modifications I did to the model in both areas:
Details added to the cockpit interior- PE + acetate sheet instrument panels from the MPM kit.
- PE bomb sight from the MPM kit.
- Photo etched Flare holders from the MPM kit.
- Flare containers made from scratch.
- Plastic main wing spar from the MPM kit.
- Resin gas mask containers from the MPM kit.
- Plastic droppable messages containers from the MPM kit.
- Various plastic boxes and satchels from the MPM kit.
- Added details for the rudder pedals made from scratch.
- MG 81Z ammo cases made from scratch.
- Camera doors opening mechanism made from parts from the spare box.
- Photo Etched Radio box from Eduard.
- Additional cables from lead wire.
Details added to the left engine- Firewall behind the engine was scratch-built.
- Some details were added on the back of the engine.
- Some cables made from lead wire were added.
- An oil tank made from scratch has been added.
- The oil radiator was detailed (the grill comes from the MPM kit).
- Hot air filters have been added inside the two small holes of the frontal engine cover.
- Two cover plates have been added on the underside of the engines.
Copyright ©2019 by Jean Luc Formery. Images and/or videos also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. The views and opinions expressed herein are solely the views and opinions of the authors and/or contributors to this Web site and do not necessarily represent the views and/or opinions of Armorama, KitMaker Network, or Silver Star Enterrpises. All rights reserved. Originally published on: 2011-01-08 00:00:00. Unique Reads: 22488