login   |    register
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Luftwaffe Group Build : Ju-87 Stuka Thread
bytepilot
Visit this Community
Karnataka, India / भारत
Joined: June 01, 2002
KitMaker: 381 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 10:22 PM UTC
Hi all Stuka'ites,

Stuka related stuff in this thread. All the best !

Cheers,
BP.
MadMeex
Visit this Community
Vaasa, Finland
Joined: August 07, 2002
KitMaker: 424 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 07:54 AM UTC
Alright, I've picked the Italeri 1/72 Stuka D-5 as my build. I'll be trying my hand at the whitewash effect over the normal splinter scheme. Does anyone have any thoughts about this kit? From fondling the plastic, it seems that the kit is quite nicely detailed, especially in the cockpit - well, compared to some of the misshapen lumps you get in other kits. Are there points of inaccuracy that I really must address?

Any advice appreciated,
Mika
bytepilot
Visit this Community
Karnataka, India / भारत
Joined: June 01, 2002
KitMaker: 381 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 03:55 PM UTC
Hi MadMeex,

You may find the kit review and construction at SMARK useful. Here is the link:
1/72 Italeri Ju87 D-5.

Cheers,
BP.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
#056
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
Joined: September 30, 2002
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
Armorama: 630 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 02:27 AM UTC
:-) I've got the 1/48 Revell release of the Hasegawa Ju-87B-2 Stuka, in the desert scheme with the snake down the fuselage side. I believe the the red snake to be wrong and will be doing mine in desert sand and white, using the Xtradecal decals. I'm really looking forward to doing this aircraft :-)
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
#056
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
Joined: September 30, 2002
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
Armorama: 630 posts
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2002 - 05:51 AM UTC
:-) Started as early as possible. First thing is to remove the impossable rendition of the aileron/flap operating linkage. Used a new scalpel blade and managed to slice my finger, but the job is almost complete. I have to decide whether or not to use Eduards etched replacements. I'm toying with the idea of using the etched horn, but replacing the linkage with wire, for more realism. Any thoughts on that idea.
Next job will be to prepare the interior parts for painting. This will include masking the canopy parts, with Parafilm M, and adding the eduard etched parts.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
#056
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
Joined: September 30, 2002
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
Armorama: 630 posts
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2003 - 03:19 AM UTC
:-) Well here are the first pics of my Ju87. Not as much done as I had hoped but if you have seen some of my other posts you will be aware that I am building 3 Bf109s as well. They will have to take priority because one was bought for me by my daughter for Christmas. The theory is that if I build it she is more likely to buy me more. In fact that theroy is holding a little more water as when she came in last night she seemed very pleased that I was building her plane. (Wicked laugh) :-)



I'm trying to show here the work on the flap/aileron linkage. the rendition in the kit is of solid triangular lumps. The wing at the top of the pic is from the Hasegawa Ju87 G-2 and you can see the triangular lumps. The bottom wing they have been removed and the areas are being cleaned up. This process is not that difficult but requires care, patiance and a new blade. It also helps if you don't let the new blade slip, which is where I failed. no permanant scar though. I am using Eduards PE set, bottom of the pic. The hardest part about using this is the removal of the unwanted plastic, the gunners seat post and the molded disc in the centre of his seat, so far.
Mal
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
#056
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
Joined: September 30, 2002
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
Armorama: 630 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 08:48 PM UTC
:-) Unable to take pics at the moment as the lighting in my "photographic studio" has given up, it's been dull and overcast for days. So just a quick update. This is going really slow, partly because I'm concentrating on the 109s and partly becayse I'm using the PE set. Partly, because of that, I've decided not to use all the PE, only those parts that are relatively easy to apply and will make a real difference, such as the instrument panel. No progress to the wing. The gunner/radio operators seat is in (difficult) and some PE as been added to the port side wall. I have also started gluing together the nose.
Later.
Mal
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
#056
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
Joined: September 30, 2002
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
Armorama: 630 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 09:18 PM UTC
Latest pics, dosen't look much but it's coming on, slowly.

I will try and get some more done, I promise.
Mal