The figure comes in standard Pegaso Models blue cardboard box. The front cover shows a full photo of the figure painted by M.Lambertucci. It can be used as a painting reference in additon to the painting document in 2 languages (Italian and English) supplied in the kit.
Parts are well protected between two slabs of thick gray polyfoam and small parts are secured in a plastic bag.
The figure is sculpted by Pietro Balloni and made up of 13 white metal parts. Casting of all parts is clean,crisp and well detailed, especially the decorations on the upper and lower leg plates are superb. There is no need for a serious clean up, filling or sanding. You may brush it with a wire brush or an old toothbrush to make it shine before priming. Note that cleaning with a brush makes details visible and priming makes paint adhere much better on metal figures.
The parts are;
- Torso: Cloth folds of surcoat and belt details are well represented.
- The head:He wears an armet (helmet with visor) and mail coif to cover neck and shoulders.
- Legs: Both legs are cast as seperate parts. He wears knee guards, upper and lower leg plates over mail chausses and spurs on his feet. I think the decorations on the knee guards and leg plates are the best part of this figure.
- Skirts of surcoat and mail hauberk: Cloth folds and chain mail is well represented. There are 2 small receiving holes on the left side to attach the scabbard. It should be noticed that these 2 parts should be glued together after the legs are assembled. It is also a good detail to represent the chain mail in the inner side of skirts.
- Arms: Left arm is posed holding the shield. There are two holes to the left arm to place the shield in correct position. Straps of shield is well presented.Right arm is cast without hand. The shoulder guards and upper arm plates on both arms show a good decoration(not as good as in legs).
- Kite shield: Mounds on the shield fit well to the holes on the left arm and chain mail texture on the shield makes the fit perfect.
- Right hand with longsword: It fits well to the right arm and can be posed in different angles.
- Scabbard and dagger: Dagger is well decorated with straps and fits well to the small hole on the right side of belt.
- Figure base:It shows a good ground texture with a few small rocks.
High quality casting, ,ease on clean and assembly , very nice details, different heraldy painting options and nice posing. I think this figure will have an excellent look as the arm and leg plate decorations painted.