This area of the build concentrates on the rear of the hull. The build is surprisingly straight forward, but due to Dragon Models mixing and matching the sprues from previous models finding parts is a bit of a pain, another downside is that some parts need surgery for this build. With that out of the way the parts do fit together well and are correctly identified. The hitching points here are an area I really like as the securing pins are separate parts that will allow the modeller to add some detail of their own choosing if desired.
This covers the addition of the wheels to the model; I have provided a picture of them in place at this time, but I will not secure them until much later in the build. Unlike many other models from Dragon it is not possible to adjust the idler wheel and so I checked the Dragon Styrene tracks with the wheels fitted; it is not good news as I found them very tight to the point I needed to stretch them a bit and of course there is no room for track sag.
This covers adding the rear of the hull to the rest of the model. The fit of the parts are all very good, but I did find the instructions a little lacking in this area and a lot of checks needed to be made before securing a number of the parts. The photo etched chains for the fuel filler caps are very 2 dimensional and so lacking, but are better than nothing. I am giving thought to replacing these chains with some very fine chain I have.