1⁄35T-14 and K-17 Build
The BuildsLooking through the instructions, I thought I would jump to the turrets of each since it looked like the hulls would take a bit longer with suspension and tracks. First up is the Bumerang turret. The turret starts on step 11 with the PM133 Kornet anti-tank missiles. Then in step 12, you glue the turret halves, add sights, antennas, lifting hooks and handles, and main 30mm gun and 7.62 coaxial. Kit parts had little to no flash, but seem lines are visible, especially barrel and antennas. Gun mantlet cover has nice folds in it and fit with out any gaps.Right and Left sights didn't need any putty and no problem with fit. Fit of the turret halves was good and no putty was needed. A light sanding where the halves meet eliminated the seem and blended the halves together. Take very care with the antennas, I managed to snap the front and left rear in two a couple of times. The 9M133 Kornet anti-missile pods needed the seem between the pods halves sanded. The photo etch cover is stiff, so annealing needs to be done on the photo etch to help bend. Not sure what the two holes are on the bottom of the turret. Couldn't find anything in the instructions for them. So far no corrections are needed to the instructions for step 11 and 12. Now the T-14 gave me a lot of trouble. Like the Bumerang kit, I started with the turret in the T-14 kit. The turret is covered in step 9, 10, and 11 of the instruction book. The plastic reminds me of a Revell German kit with the green color plastic and very brittle. *****NOTE******* DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT REMOVE THE SHADED AREAS ON PART E1 IN STEP 9. THERE IS NO NEED TO DO SO. As you can see, I did cut the shaded areas and in step 11 where you have to attach the top of the turret (part B6), it came to my attention that cutting was not needed. I was lucky to make the cuts clean enough to where I didn't need too much glue and putty to fix. The main gun barrel had problems. To begin with, part E7 was not keyed to part D56 and D57. The hole was also to small. Sanding and carving away plastic is needed to get the barrel to fit. And even with all that I carved and sanded, the barrel was still a very tight fit as you can see with the dis-colorization of the plastic. The turret basket frame in my sample kit was broken. Luckily the photo etch mesh was very soft and easy to bend. So I started gluing it to the basket frame a section at a time. Can't even tell it was broken. The gunners sight area of the turret was another issue. Part D40 is the piece that closes the area around the gunners sight along with the lower turret, E1 and upper turret, B6. Big gaps could be seen and pieces of Evergreen stock and lots of putty kind of fixed the issue.
Copyright ©2018 by Pete Becerra. Images and/or videos also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. The views and opinions expressed herein are solely the views and opinions of the authors and/or contributors to this Web site and do not necessarily represent the views and/or opinions of Armorama, KitMaker Network, or Silver Star Enterrpises. All rights reserved. Originally published on: 2017-06-28 07:05:47. Unique Reads: 11851