Not too long ago, I had the pleasure of receiving, Takom’s US Armored Combat Earthmover M9 ACE
for the KitMaker Network
. After blogging the build here on the pages of Armorama, I wanted to put together a little feature sharing my experiences with you about the build, finishing and the kit as a whole. First, I would like to personally thank Bill Plunk for the name to this diorama. I was around ¾ of the way completed with the build and he spoke those very words…they very much fit the scene! Cheers, Bill!
Since I do have a full written review as well as a Cracking the Box
video about the kit, I will not bore you with re-reviewing the kit here in this feature. I will, however, mention again that I feel this is an excellent kit. My reasons for this is that the details and overall moldings to the kit are fantastic, the price (around $40 US) is more than reasonable and the subject matter….well, it’s just cool! There are a couple small issues that appeared along the way; first being there is no opening under the driver’s hatch and while the tracks went together okay and do look fantastic, the small plastic pins meant to hold the links together and allow the tracks to be movable tend to round over and/or snap of rather easily during construction. The opening was a no brainer. I wanted to add a driver, so I simply cut a hole making room for the figure. The tracks were not difficult to overcome, I simply treated them as I would any other individual styrene link construction. I made the lengths, fit the tracks how I wanted them and glued the joints. In the end, the kit basically fell together.
Link to my Written Review of Takom's US Armored Combat Earthmover M9 ACE
Link to my Unboxing Video of Takom's US Armored Combat Earthmover M9 ACE