A three day interstate work trip with 3 flights this week has left me with a horrible cough and no voice at all (and some would argue that is a good thing!), so I'm stuck at home for a couple of days to recover.
End result is that I'm in a mood to hack things up rather than put nice finishing touches on things
"Target for tonight" just has to be a Ford.
This will be my first serious attempt at a rusted hulk with serious multi-layer chipping, so I'm going to start off with just one part to test my techniques. Part of my reference library for the 36 Ford is good close images of both sides of the rumble seat, so that's my first victim.
Time to get my angry tool kit out.
First I used the cutting wheel to remove the padded seat which was already glued in place, then I used the drum sander to clean the inside of residue and moulded details and thin out the edges a bit.
Evergreen square rod provided a raised frame.
Evergreen sheet used for the inner panel, marked out the centres for the lightening holes, and while it dried I hacked up the tub.
Pilot holes were used to centre for the larger drill bit, I think I will still go a millimetre bigger on the lightening holes, and a scriber and template used to make the centre round detail.
All this was done with Eric Clapton playing in the background and medicinal Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum on ice at hand. I must say I do feel better