Sorry guys and gals for a long while since the last update. I just finished the 3 Legend Productions Review, one just needs to be submitted, and came onto a speed bump with the Maxxpro build.
The speed bump is this, the new Panda Models Maxxpro DASH DXM kit, I’m sorry to say, is not a Maxxpro DASH DXM, but just a Maxxpro with some DASH DXM extra’s. After going back and forth with pictures from Robert Skippers excellent CD walkarounds and pictures from the WWP Maxxpro book, I concluded that the kit is not a DASH DXM version. While the outside of the vehicle looks like a DASH DXM, it’s the interior that is incorrect for the version. The difference is the AC unit that sits right behind the passenger’s seat. The DASH DXM version has a lower profile AC unit with two distinctive conduits coming from on top of it and the addition to the AC/DC power converter placed on top of it. The other speed bump is the lack of spall liner that is all over the inside top of the interior. And a small speed bump is the lack of seat belts and the mesh harness that is behind all the seat.
While trying to figure the speed bumps, I went ahead with the build where ever I could, in other words, I jumped around a bit. I jumped to step 15 and 16, the turret, since that be completed as a sub-assembly. There are some punch marks in side the turret walls that need to be filled.
A hole for the cable that goes to the rechargeable batteries in the rear of the turret to the turret control box needed to be drilled. Also, some nuts and bolts where added to the inside rear corners of the turret walls.
Missing detail such as the holes that the bolts for the windows go through are missing on the inside walls of the turret. This was added by drilling shallow holes opposite sides of the actual bolts. I also added missing nuts and bolts in various locations. Also note that there where no locating marks or pins for the photo etch handles. I simply held the turret up to the light and marked the location associated to the locating marks for the mirrors.
Two holes needed to be drilled in the circular plate on part M28 to accommodate the cables from the batteries and turret remote control. Thin lead wire was added for the battery cable and turret remote control.
A cable from the turret control box to the turret motor was added. I don’t know how I forgot, but I need to add the small cable connector at the bottom of the turret control box. I will add that before I paint the turret and post a picture of in another update.
Another jump was adding the missing hoses for the tire inflation system to the axle frames. “Zip ties” need to be added to the hoses.
I also rerouted and secures all the other hoses on the frame.
I started working on the spall liner issue by re-doing the cross-beam members inside. I also added the missing plates that correspond the other side.
And for the liner, I used Milliput to simulate this. I am going to use some putty so smooth out some of the cracks in the Milliput before I add paint. Nuts and bolts need to be added the plates also.
Hopefully next update will have what I decided to do with the AC unit inside, so till then, questions and comments are always welcomed.