I promised a hull update on my Skink!
It didn't take long to remember why I went off the old Dragon M4A1 kits - the fit of hull parts is awful. I spent ages getting the basic "box" built to my satisfaction, and in retrospect I wish I'd used a Tasca/Asuka kit instead. Still, when life gives you lemons...
First up was adding the well-known GSC "Canadian" notch at the rear:
Then came adding all the missing bolts around the suspension - remember the old DML kit was based on the ancient Italeri kit!
Fiddling with sand shields was next - I used some old Tasca ones, but it took a lot of trial & error. I have some DS tracks so it shouldn't be a problem to feed them up and under once everything is assembled. The turret came up a treat with a shot of primer too - the casting marks look like they've always been there. I filled all the tool mounting holes, as the Canadians put things in different places. And somewhere along the line I misplaced the sprue with the hull hatches, so had to perform surgery on old MP Authen-I-Kit hatches instead.
The rest was just a case of adding details from the spares box - Tasca, Tamiya, Academy, and even some 3D-printed items.
All in all I'm pleased with the result. Now I need to finish the bogies and it's off to paint we go!