And long before the Rye Field full interior kit came out I started this project and used the old Verlinden set for the driver hole and battery area. I figured out a way to get them into the Dragon hull and kept going with the lower hull details - I know, not the best when it comes to painting stages. But I knew someday I would figure out something for the turret interior with the idea I would either use the old DML basic turret interior from older kits, or something new would come along. Well, something new came along with Rye Field and that is covered above.
Anyway, here is the Dragon AIM kit hull.
So, what you see is that I am grafting the Rye Field full interior turret onto the Dragon AIM hull. Only some minor cutting was needed along the turret ring to make it fit.
As far as the turret interior goes, the kit is very well detailed. No real fit issues. I only added a few extras, like the NBC hoses, the mechanism at the top of the loader's ammo door (PE scrap and plastic stock), and I scratched a couple of TM books to put on the loader's shelf, as if he was reviewing them after they parked. I should have put one up on the turret roof, but oh well. I also decided to add some decals for the interior from other left over projects, but most are from Archer sets I already had. I am hoping one day Echelon will do an interior decal set now that this kit exists.