Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 04:25 AM GMT+7
Hi, guys! FINAL UPDATE
Finally all done! "Paint chips", "scratches", "rust", "dust" it's all there with moderation, because I wanted to represent an used AFV, but not in combat. Please enjoy the following photo gallery:
A feature with the build and a step-by step description of it will be published soon on the site. I'm also working on the building and painting videos for my YT channel which are going to be also published, probably in this blog.
Thank you everyone for following ans specially to John and Sasa for their involvement and their help.
Posted: Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 04:28 AM GMT+7
Jeff, thank you very much.
Yes, if you have the time and patience to put together over 900 parts, then it s a "must have"! The fit is almost perfect, the level of detail amazing, the instructions with very few mistakes and the accuracy top high! Once completed, it looks impressive.
Posted: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 01:26 PM GMT+7
Coming out great Gabriel. And thanks for the reply back awhile, that is one heck of a kit. Only thing's I ever built from MiniArt was there buildings. Which I found to be good as compared they were Vacuum formed. I might have to get this kit, thanks for the walk thru the build.
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 12:01 AM GMT+7
Thanks, John! I agree - bench time is very important to keep yourself in shape. I felt sick every night after the hurricane - still no electricity - watching my stash and my modelling desk collecting dust! But, thankfully, once things restored, this added extra motivation I hope for you to find the quietness and motivation to build as much as you like, asthere is an invasion of Soviet "hot" kits right now on the market. And thanks again for constantly following and posting on this blog. Your help is priceless.
Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 01:31 AM GMT+7
My first mugshots with the almost-complete (11 parts to go) T-54-1:
After my horrendous mistake with the AA MG (thanks again John for the head-up!), I was considering to let the MG outside. But I still felt is my duty to try and fix it. And tearing and cutting and cursing myself... and there it is:
Tracks base coated with "rust" base:
Ready for priming, once I have installed the hand rails and the stowage support at the back of the turret: