That's a nice one Lap Man -- I see its the original issue with individual links.
Last night I did the PE screens, and other small bits on the engine deck. But before retiring I thought I'd test the fit of the upper and lower hulls. Struggled with it for a while and after a few moments of cursing I found out where the issue was:
More cursing followed but that didn't get me anywhere. I thought of prying it off but then I may just have further issues with the sprocket arm alignment when I put it back again. As it is the sprocket arm seems to be at the correct angle even though the plate was installed incorrectly.
So I then proceeded to cut the offending part and built a pair using styrene. I've filled in the towing eye and drilled a new hole as well.
There are bolt details on the insides of the plate so the best I could do was to put in something close -- I've cut some ends of a hair-brush and glued them on. Hopefully the wife doesn't notice it as much
Did another fitting, so now it seems ok.
Am not too worried about the gaps as these will be covered once I put on the fenders.
Will be doing the turret next.