Leroy Grumman started his company in December, 1929 and began producing aircraft floats for the U.S. Navy and truck frames from their factory on Long Island, New York. 90 years later (and after a merger with a small aviation manufacturer named Northrop), the Grumman Corporation has a reputation for putting out some of the greatest aircraft the American military services, especially the Navy, have ever flown. From the FF-1 through the F-14 with forays into the attack business with bombers such as the TBF and A-6, COD, tracking, business jet, float planes, and yes, still trucks, Grumman is one of the most storied companies in the field of aviation in the U.S. and the world. Time for another campaign to honor the Ironworks!
The Rules and Regs
1. Any product of the Grumman Corporation, its successors or subsidiaries, from 1929 to today.
2. No what-ifs.
3. Any scale and any nationality that fits into rule 1.
4. Models can be stand-alone or in a diorama.
5. Enter as many as you like but each modeler will only get one ribbon.
6. Models must be no more than 25% started at beginning of campaign and you must post at least one photo of your start in the campaign thread.
7. At least two in progress shots of each model should be posted in the campaign thread and at least two finished shots in the campaign gallery.
8. Oh yeah, have fun!