May, 1941. Germanys most powerful battleship, the Bismarck, has escaped into the North Sea on its way to start commerce raiding in the Atlantic. Britain, already on her knees from U-boat attacks on merchant convoys, cannot afford to allow this to happen. Churchills order to the Admiralty is simple: Sink the Bismarck! May, 2016 is the 75th anniversary of this seminal event, the hunting and eventual sinking by the Royal Navy of the KM Bismarck. This campaign will commemorate that event. Its open to any vessel or aircraft which participated in tracking down the Bismarck and ending its threat, on either side. Wikipedia at least lists the following possibilities:
German battleship Bismarck
German heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen
The German destroyers Hans Lody (Z-10), Friedrich Eckoldt (Z-16), and Z23.
The German submarines U-46, U-48, U-66, U-73, U-74, U-93, U-94, U-98, U-108, U-138, U-552, U-556, and U-557.
Italian submarine Barbarigo.
The German weather ships Sachsenwald, Lauenburg, and Freese.
The German tankers Belchen, Egerland, Esso Hamburg, Friedrich Breme, Heide, Lothringen, Weisenburg, and Wollin.
Boats of the German 5th Minesweeping Flotilla.
The British battleships HMS King George V, Prince of Wales, Ramillies, and Rodney.
The British battlecruisers HMS Hood, Repulse and Renown
The British aircraft carriers HMS Victorious (800Z and 825 Naval Air Squadrons) and Ark Royal (810, 818, and 820 Naval Air Squadrons)
The British heavy cruisers HMS Suffolk, Norfolk, Dorsetshire.
The British light cruisers Galatea, Aurora, Neptune, Hermione, Arethusa, Birmingham, and Sheffield.
The British destroyers HMS Achates, Antelope, Jupiter, Electra, Icarus, Punjabi, Mashona, Cossack, Sikh, Zulu, Maori, Tartar, Sherwood, and Hesperus.
The British submarines H44, Sealion, Seawolf.
The Canadian destroyers HMCS Assiniboine, Saguenay, and Columbia
The Polish destroyer ORP Piorun
Search aircraft including Catalinas.
Spanish heavy cruiser Canarias (attempted to rescue some survivors from Bismarck)
American Coast Guard cutter, Modoc
The Rules and Regs
1. Entry must have been involved in the hunt for and sinking of KM Bismarck, on either side.
2. No what-ifs.
3. Any scale and any nationality that fits into rule 1.
4. Models can be stand-alone or in a diorama.
5. Enter as many as you like but each modeler will only get one ribbon.
6. Models must be no more that 30% started at beginning of campaign and you must post at least one photo of where your kit is at the start of the campaign in the campaign thread.
7. At least two in progress shots of each model should be posted in the campaign thread and at least two finished shots in the campaign gallery.
8. Oh yeah, have fun!