This campaign is for ships built after the American Civil War, and before the launch of HMS Dreadnought. Most ships of this era, like the Lord Nelson class, carried mixed weapons, ie: 12 inch main guns, 9.2 inch secondary guns and smaller caliber of 6 inch,4 inch,1 inch quickfiring guns. Some were sail/steam, some were sail only, and some were steam only.
The Royal Navy went into 1905 already larger then the next 2 largest navies combined, then introduced a new class of warships so powerful that all previous battleships were instantly obsolete. All navies were then given a chance to begin a new race with Britain for naval supremacy on equal terms.
The Rules and Regs
1) You may build any Warship, from any Country, from the years 1866-1905, single vessel, or diorama of multiple vessels are allowed.
2) Campaign starts Nov.1, 2008 and runs to September 1, 2009.
3) Any scale allowed, but we need clear pictures if the scale is 1/900 or above.
4) No Dreadnoughts,Submarines, or Aircraft allowed,
5) In-progress photos are highly encouraged (what better way is there to experience each others builds!)
6) Entries not to be started before the start date and completed on or before the end date.
Only one Ribbon is awarded, but mutliple builds are encouraged.
Remember to have fun - this is a hobby, not a profession.