This Campaign celebrates the importance of the military small craft, in this instance the Patrol Torpedo Boat (PT-Boat), a small, fast vessel used by the United States Navy, Royal Navy, and the German Kriegsmarine in World War II to attack larger surface ships.
These tiny warships were used in nearly every theatre in WWII, from The Atlantic, the English Channel,and the Mediterranean, to the South Pacific, the Aleutians and the Philippines.
From the early Allied Elco's to the Axis Schnellboot's, join up and help us commemorate the days of the " Wooden Boats and Iron Men"!
The Rules and Regs
1) Any PT type vessel (torpedo's/torpedo tubes/torpedo launching) can be built in any scale, actual or fictional, from any nation and from any time period. All media types from plastic to resin, wood to fibreglass are permitted.
2) Your build can stand alone or be included in a diorama depicting any activity you would like, as long as at least one PT Type Boat is included in the diorama.
3) All skill levels are encouraged to participate, and may range from out of the box to total scratch builds.
4) At least one build must be completed by the end date of this campaign (multiple builds are encouraged).
5) In-progress photo's are highly encouraged (what better way is there to experience each others builds!).
6) The most important rule of all, HAVE FUN!
All participants will receive an award ribbon for completion of this campaign, and for the younger (age 16 and under) participants, a special prize will be awarded for the finest entry!